The Development Services Department is responsible for implementing the vision for the community's overall growth and development as found in the Comprehensive Plan and further defined by the City's Zoning and Subdivision Ordinance. The department administers the standards that guide the design and development of the built and natural environment.
- Downtown Redevelopment
- Business & Industrial Development
- Historic Preservation
- Environmental Advocacy & Education
- Flood Recovery & Buyout
Work with the following boards and commissions:
- Enterprise Zone Commission
- Environmental and Sustainability Advisory Commission
- Historic Preservation Commission
- Planning and Zoning Commission
- Zoning Board of Adjustment
Partner with Main Street Mason City, Mason City Economic Development Corporation, North Iowa Corridor Economic Development Corporation to provide economic development and provide financial or other incentives to grow the community.