Laptop Security Tips
How to Keep It from Getting Lost or Stolen
1. Treat your laptop like cash.
2. Get it out of the car...don't ever leave your laptop behind.
3. Keep it locked...use a security cable.
4. Keep it off the floor...or at least between your feet.
5. Keep passwords somewhere else...not near the laptop or case.
6. Don't leave it "for just a sec"...no matter where you are.
7. Pay attention in airports...especially at security.
8. Use bells and whistles...if you've got an alarm, turn it on.
Tips brought to you by OnGuardOnline.gov. OnGuardOnline.gov is the federal government’s website to help you be safe, secure and responsible online. The Federal Trade Commission manages OnGuardOnline.gov, in partnership with several federal agencies listed on their website. OnGuardOnline.gov is a partner in the Stop Think Connect campaign, led by the Department of Homeland Security, and part of the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education, led by the National Institute of Standards and Technology. Please visit OnGuardOnline.gov's website for more information.