On behalf of the citizens of Mason City, welcome and thank you for checking in!
You will find all kinds of helpful information about Mason City—just a click away.
If you’re looking for a great place to call home, we invite you to explore all the opportunities Mason City has to offer. I would also love the chance to tell you about some great job openings.
Located in the heart of the Midwest, Mason City is rated by Traveler Magazine as “one of the best cities in the world for architecture lovers.” But that is just the beginning of what Mason City has to offer.
Our dynamic River City features:
Stunning Prairie School Architecture
- The greatest concentration of Prairie School Style homes in Iowa
Legendary Music Man Square
- Showcasing native son Meredith Willson, celebrated composer of The Music Man
- The Music Man movie streetscape
- The first Grammy ever awarded
Beautiful Public Art
- A charming downtown square
- Three performing arts theaters
- Eighty miles of hiking and biking trails
- Recreational water trails
- Completion of 'The Mason City Arena' downtown multipurpose center
- Adjacent to historic Clear Lake, a top resort destination
Top Educational Opportunities
- First rate K-12 public and private schools
- A top Community College/partnerships with nearby universities
Top Rated Regional Health Center
- One of the top 100 hospitals in the USA
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like additional information. Better yet, ask any River City resident. You will find them to be the most friendly and helpful people in the world.
All the best,
Mayor Bill Schickel