The purpose of the Human Rights Commission is to provide outreach information to the public and contact information pertaining to housing and civil rights complaints. The 3 Commissioners serve a staggered 2 year term that expires on January 1st. Please click on the following for a list of the Commissioners The staff contact person for the Commission is Deputy City Clerk Diana Black. (641) 424-7102.
Meetings are typically scheduled as needed. Date, time and location will be posted on the Board at City Hall and on the home page of this web site under Agendas.
The following information is taken from the Iowa Civil Rights Commission web site and is available at https://icrc.iowa.gov/
Please note the 1-800-457-4416 number only works for long distance calls within Iowa. It does not work for out of state calls.
- If you would like to file a non-housing, civil rights complaint, please contact: an intake officer at the Commission (515) 281-4121 or 1-800-457-4416. You can also download a form and other information on this website.
- If you would like to file a housing complaint, please contact Kerry Hainline, housing intake officer at the Commission (515) 242-5556 or 1-800-457-4416. ext 9-2-5556.
- If you have a general question about civil rights or you are an employer with a question, please contact: Don Grove email@example.com, 515-281-0338, 1-800-457-4416, ext 9-1-0338.
- If you are a member of the media, please contact Don Grove at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-281-0338 or Diana Sisler at email@example.com or 515-281-0302.
- If you are a landlord or real estate agent and have questions about fair housing law, please contact Don Grove firstname.lastname@example.org at 515-281-0338, 1-800-457-4416 ext. 9-1-0338.
- If you are interested in volunteering with the ICRC, please contact Don Grove at email@example.com or 515-281-0338 or Diana Sisler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-281-0302.
Questions, comments, or suggestions concerning the ICRC Webpage? Send them to our webmaster: email@example.com\
Iowa Civil Rights Commission
Grimes State Office Building
400 E. 14th Street
Des Moines, IA 50319-0201
View Civil Rights Staff Directory