We are opening May 15, 2020 at noon.
The campgrounds has modifications to the rules:
- Two occupants per campsite, unless immediate family contains more than two
- Dump station is for paying customers only
- A strict 2 week rotation rule will be enforced in full hook up sites
- Communal picnic tables, grills, playgrounds and shelter houses are open for use at your own risk
- Camp host and City Staff will be monitoring areas and will be removing any campers or groups larger than 10
- Physical distancing needs to be followed so that the campgrounds remain open as a viable option for recreation
* If patrons break the rules, then the Campground Managers and/or City Staff can choose to take action on the rule breaker which includes anything from a warning to banning the party from the campgrounds.
** Disclaimer: If the situation warrants, the campground could be closed at any time.
Cerro Gordo Public Health has reviewed the rules and agrees these are appropriate modifications to open the campground.
901 Birch Drive (next to Aquatic Center)
Phone Number: 641-421-3679
Manager: Marion Olson
The MacNider Campground offers water service, sanitary sewer service, electrical service, dump station, roadways, park lighting, tornado shelter/bathhouse, picnic shelters and office/camp store. The campground includes 20 full hookups including water, sewer and electrical; 55 hookups for water & electrical; 20 tent camping sites with water only for a total of 95 camping sites. Each campsite includes a fire ring and picnic table. The tent camping areas includes 12 fire rings, 6 picnic tables and 4 large barbecue grills. The picnic shelters includes 2 picnic tables, 2 table end accessible picnic tables and 1 barbecue grill.
No Reservations Taken.
Camping is on a first come - first serve basis!!
- Full Hookup (sewer, water, electricity) $26 per night
- Water & Electricity $17 per night
- Tent $12 per night
The MacNider Safe Room:
The MacNider safe room is an all weather storm shelter that includes many amenities which include: showers, family showers, restrooms, changing area, laundry facilities, and a generator!! The safe room is open and accessible to the public (during emergencies) year round and holds 358 people!!
Campground Map Brochure