Where is Parker's Woods?
Parker’s Woods was donated in 1939 by the family of A.T. Parker and is located on the west side of Mason City. Willow Creek flows through the park and the river is suitable for fishing.
Parker’s Woods Amenities:
baby swing, basketball, benches, charcoal grills, fishing, fitness equipment, open space, parking lot, picnic table, playground, restrooms, shelter, trails
Parker’s Woods is located on the west side of Mason City, containing 13 acres of parkland. It was a gift from Martha J. Parker and Belle Parker Jackson and established as a park in 1939. Willow Creek flows through the park and the river is suitable for fishing and wading. The park is located at 1st Street NW and North Jackson Avenue and features a variety of activities such as picnic area, tennis courts, volleyball, basketball, and fishing. Numerous pieces of playground equipment are located throughout the park. The park contains a shelter house with water, electricity, and restroom facilities.
There is also a wood style playground, volleyball and other assorted playground equipment. The park is located west of downtown near Willow Creek. There is a lime chip trail that runs parallel to the Willow Creek and the sidewalk near the shelter was replaced in 2011.